Yellowknife Ice Fishing Derby
Welcome to our Ice Fishing Derby!
Welcome to the Yellowknife Sportfishing Adventures Ice Fishing Derby. This Yellowknife ice fishing derby will run from December 1st 2019 until March 31st 2020. Therefore you will be able to fish on your own time and on ANY lake in the Northwest Territories. Fish species that will be targeted are Walleye, Lake Trout, Northern Pike, and Burbot.
You can enter as many fish as you want in every category. That means if you’re a fishing machine you could win 15 cash payouts from the 4 largest fish categories, King of the ice, smallest fish, and mystery length. You could win over $2000 if you win all the categories.
There will be 7 cash payout categories;
- Largest Walleye, Lake Trout, Northern Pike, and Burbot (Cash payout through 1st-3rd)
- Largest Fish payout 1st-$250, 2nd-$100, 3rd-$50
- King of the Ice ($200 Cash payout to who wins 1stin all 4 of largest fish categories)
- Smallest fish ($100 Cash payout for the Smallest fish out of all 4 species)
- Mystery Length ($100 Cash Payout – Derby officials will draw a random length and whoever is closest wins.)
The King of the Ice, Smallest fish and mystery length are not listed in the App categories and will be manually determined from the results of the 4 largest fish categories.
You will also be required to have a Bump Board. Many companies make these and can be purchased online through many retailers. If you are fishing for all 4 species of fish then we recommend the Rapala folding bump board. They only cost $30. It folds up compact, weighs under a lb, and measures up to 60 inches. Yellowknife Sportfishing will have some for sale.
Registration will be through the Fishdonkey App. Visit www.fishdonkey.com or find the Fishdonkey App through your cellphones App Store to officially register!!!! Just search “Yellowknife Sportfishing” and going the derby.